Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hydrating Mask Wars...

I used and reviewed the two following products:

  • Myfaceworks I need to replenish Intense Hydrating Mask (a box of six masks retails for $55)
  • One Bath & Body Nighty Nite Tonic Hydrating Mask (one mask retails for $1.99)
Both masks are the type that are a paper mask inserted into individual packets with solution inside. You unfold the mask, place it on your face, lay down and relax for 15 to 20 minutes. Both claim to be hydrating and biodegradable.

That is where the similarities end...

I'll start with the Myfaceworks mask. I was really excited about this one when I ordered the box. I am an avid skin care shopper and I'm always looking for a product that will keep my skin youthful and healthy. I read reviews from numerous websites and blogs before I purchased and there seemed to be more positive reviews than negative ones. Here's what my thoughts are:
  • The mask does stay in place nicely...no sliding around on your face once you put it on.
  • It's got just the right amount of product so it's not a huge mess when you take it out of the package and it doesn't drip down the side of your face when you lay down with it on.
  • It did feel slightly relaxing but nothing spa like
  • When I took the mask off my skin felt tight for a few hours after
  • I didn't notice any extra hydration (I could have gotten the same results from using my normal moisturiser)
  • I also noticed that the product that had dried on my hands from when I applied the mask made my hands feel really dry...like I needed to use a super thick hand cream.
On another night I used the One Bath & Body mask. You can find these masks at Ulta and at Target. They come in individual packets instead of a whole box. I was sceptical of this one to begin with because it's been my experience with facial products that the more expensive ones tend to work better. Here's what my thoughts are:
  • There's a ton of product in this packet and the mask is literally covered in it. I had to make sure I had an extra wash cloth with me to wipe my hands on right after I applied it to my face.
  • The up side to this is that when you are finished you can fold the mask up, place it back in the packet, seal it in a zip lock bag and use it again within the next few days!
  • This felt super relaxing while I was using it...I actually almost fell asleep.
  • When I took the mask off my skin really felt extremely hydrated and my skin still felt great the next morning.
  • You can't beat the price! $1.99 and you can get two uses out of it.
The CLEAR winner here is the One Bath & Body Nighty Nite Tonic Mask....it's super hydrating, easily available and the price is right!

Post a Comment

previous next