Sunday, July 29, 2012

July Birchbox Review

Here's my honest review of Birchbox July 2012....

This is what came in my box....
Lets start with the utterly ridiculousness that they call Birchbox Earbuds. First, I really don't appreciate getting something like earbuds in a beauty sample box. That aside, these earbuds SUCK! The worst things I've ever tried to put in my ears. They are super cheaply made and the cushioning around around the ear buds is just a really thin piece of plastic. They don't stay in your ears at all unless you want to sit there and hold them in your ears so you can hear. I threw mine away since they are P.O.S. (Just a note: they retail on the birchbox website for $10....there things aren't worth ten cents!!)

While we're talking about things that shouldn't be placed in a beauty sample box that LaraBar Roasted Nut Roll was also a waste of space. Had I wanted to get snacks delivered each month I would have placed an order at Target.

Next I got the Oscar de la Renta Live In Love perfume sample. It's alright, not my favorite. It seems like alot of beauty boxes are jumping on the perfume sample bandwagon.

Next I came across Alterna Bamboo UV Color Protection Fade Proof Fluide. This is a finishing gloss that you spray in your hair to help protect it from UV rays. I tried it and wasn't impressed. Also, once you start adding more and more product to your hair routine there's a good chance you'll weight down your hair so much it'll look like you flunked out of beauty school.

Next in line was Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint. I wasn't even able to use this because it was so out of my skin tone range it wasn't even funny.

Last, I got the Stila Lip Glaze....I usually love this brand, but I've always disliked their lip gloss because it seems so thick and goopy when you apply it. This went straight into the giveaway box.

My final thoughts....this box was a huge let down, yet again. Can't say I'm surprised though as Birchbox has done nothing but suck hard since I signed up a three months ago.


Post a Comment

previous next