Friday, May 9, 2014

Create your own workbook for A Beautiful Mess e-course...

The very wonderful and talented ladies over at A Beautiful Mess recently released a new e-course called "Blog Life." This e-course is designed to share the wealth of information these ladies have on blogging...after all they did turn their blog into a million dollar business...so I'd say they certainly have something to teach.

As someone who is always wanting to learn new things I signed up for the course. It's super simple, you purchase the e-course, you create an account so you can login and work your way through the course (which is a work at your own pace type of thing). Also, when you purchase the e-course they send you a pdf of their workbook. It's super cute pages with whimsical lines and each page is labels for each lesson you will be working on throughout the course. I thought this was a really added thing to have for the students. It's always nice when your doing an online course to have someplace to organize your notes and thoughts about what you're learning about.

While the print out is helpful and very cute...I wanted a way to keep it all organized so I could grab it and get to work without working about loose papers or just using a plain old staple or paperclip. Alot of other bloggers were using the Martha Stewart binders from Staples...which by the way are adorable and I do use them for alot of other things, but they are big, bulky and stiff. I was looking for something that I could grab quick that could be tossed in a tote really quick.

Everything else at Staples was *not* even close to being cute...so I grabbed a cute notebook and came up with this little gem!


Here's how you do it:

1) I grabbed one of the notebooks from the Martha Stewart Collection at Staples, a package of paper ring clips (I have no idea what the official name is of these), and some metal clippers. 

2) Clip the metal sprial off of the notebook, separate the cover from the blank note pages, grab your printed "Blog Life" workbook and carefully start adding them to the metal rings. Since I had the blank note paper I added 2-3 pages behind each "Blog Life" lesson section so that I would have extra space to write down ideas and such. 

3) Close the ring clips and you're done! 

4) I grabbed a cute little zippered pouch to keep some extra post-its, pens and washi tape (to secure any extra little papers I've written on)


2 comments

  1. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this course. I've done one of their smaller ones, but I'm hesitant about paying more money for this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel! I totally get where you are coming from. I actually went ahead and bought the ABM e-course more so because I was interested in what these lady's had to say and what their viewpoint was since they have created such a successful blog. I will say that this e-course is focused towards someone who already has a blog and actively posts. The first half of the course if lots of "finding yourself and your point of view" type of thing...realistically I could have done without that part. However, the second part is more geared toward networking, driving traffic, photography tips, etc. To be totally honest, if you wanted to learn more about those specific topics I think a simple Pinterest or Google search on the topic would get you the information. But if you are looking to learn how these ladies went about turning a hobby into a million dollar business they definitely lay out their road to success in this e-course. Hope it helps =)

      Delete

previous next